Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tool # 11

1. My personal favorite will most likely be using apps with the Ipad. I have never used an Ipad before but am familiar with similar technology. The tools of choice for my classroom are going to be the ones where students can show their creativity. Resources such as Animoto or MakeBeliefsComix allow students to make short comic strips or videos about various topics. GoogleDocs will also be very useful to me in my classroom. Through this resource the students and myself will be able to create documents during lab where groups can post data for everyone to see and use. This will be a huge time-saver and make the flow of activities much smoother.  TodaysMeet is a good resource for discussions and a question and answer type format. This could be useful to gauge prior knowledge of a particular topic or to review before a formal assessment. The students could focus on areas of weakness and get assistance from their peers and myself.

2. The overall vision of my classroom has not really changed. I definitely can see the benefits of utilizing technology in my lessons to enhance learning and offering something different and new. One goal of mine is to use the new devices and technology knowledge a minimum of once a week in my classroom. I have used some of the resources and ideas in the past but not to the fullest extent. I hope to continue to expand on my technology knowledge and teach my students how to access more and more resources.

3. There were not really any unexpected outcomes during this process. I did learn that there are more resources out there than I originally thought. I look forward to trying to use as much of this in my classroom as possible. I was a bit skeptical at first of this entire process but have grown to appreciate the need and overall benefit of learning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment